Friday, September 22, 2023

My Sis Tried It: TikTok Fried Egg Sandwich

I understand the kids get their recipe’s from Tik Tok.. I get it.. but as an adult is it weird if I do the same?  I saw this super interesting video of someone making an egg sandwich- but like French toast?  Ok, hear me out.  

First, they made it look super easy.  They rolled the eggs around, laid the bread on top, cooked for a minute, flipped it over and cooked another minute.  Put the toppings inside, flipped it over and voila! Egg sandwich.  I’m making it sound more complicated than it was.  Let me break it down and add some tik tok pictures (that I don’t own so no one sue me..)



Ingredients: 

  • 2 slices bread
  • 2 eggs
  • Toppings (I used cheese and spinach)
Directions:

1.      Whisk the eggs in a bowl, pour into a pan over medium heat. I added cooking spray to be sure they didn’t stick.  Swirl the eggs to cover the base like you would do when making an omelet.
2.      Place bread on top of the eggs. Cook for a minute then flip bread over (not the eggs, just flip the bread that you laid on top)
3.      Cook for another minute then flip the entire eggs/bread over to cook the other side.
4.      Top with fillings, tuck the edges of the eggs in and fold over to make a sandwich.
 

So.. again, sounds more complicated than it is.  One issue with step 3.  How do I flip the ENTIRE thing eggs/bread over all together?  Couldn’t. Had to flip in halfs.  But whatever.  Still worked.  This was oddly delicious.  I know an egg sandwich isn’t complicated- I get it- but this one was super different and interesting.  The bread had egg on the outside as well as inside, had to eat it with a fork but was quite tasty! Give it a try!

 Below are my pictures (the tik tok pics are above)






9.22.22: thru the years


 

No comments:

Post a Comment