Sunday, September 10, 2023

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 37)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

9/3: 🔥 week 36

9/4: happy labor day '23

9/5: TT cleaning an RV shower track

9/6: hot cream cheese dip

9/7: insect repelling sachets

9/8: philly cheesesteak inspired sandwiches

9/9: words

What's Cooking  ~

  • chicken tortellini with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes in alfredo sauce
  • grilled bbq ribs, mashed potatoes, chopped kale salad (kit)
  • marinated pork loin, gnocchi with tomatoes and parmesan, roasted asparagus
  • steak, creamed spinach, baked steak fries
  • baked salmon, parmesan couscous, roasted green beans
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • it's not the end of summer yet, but I planted 2 big black-eyed susan plants in the ground at the campground. For the past couple years I have 2 big pots that I plant with a perennial (last year was lavender, this year I combined black-eyed susans and lantana - lantana is an annual but I wanted something else in the container to compliment the black-eyed susans) and then transplant into the ground at the end of the season figuring I was going to throw them out in the fall so I'm giving them a chance to grow if they want to. The lavender is doing great and self-seeding, we'll see what the black-eyed susans do. I also cut back all the flowers that have done their thing.
  • read 'People We Meet on Vacation' by Emily Henry, an easy and fun beach read about best friends who fall in love. Predictable, but I liked the characters and the story - and one of the main characters is named 'Poppy' which is what we called my great-niece Georgia before she was born so that made reading the book even more enjoyable hahaha. 
That's it for this week - hope you'll stop back next week for more projects, recipes, crafts, tips...whatever we think to make at camp! Bye :)

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor 


No comments:

Post a Comment