Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday: Cleaning the Shower Track in an RV

We have a 3 panel sliding shower door in our RV bathroom and the track gets filled with sand and gunk and is not easy to clean. Ginny next door gave me this tip that really works, cleans it in seconds versus my struggles in the past, and it now looks brand new. She found this little brush on Amazon, the handle fits right in the track - she also told me she wraps the handle with a cleaning wipe and it makes cleaning out the track even easier. She sent me the link and I saw there is a set of 3 brushes so I bought that for a couple  $ more than the brush on its own and all three work great. 

Second tip is to spray a little bleach water (50/50 in a spray bottle) in the back edge of the track where it's very hard to reach, and then wipe it with the brush handle/cleaning wipe. Easy-peasy.

Note: I should have started the first paragraph with the way I used to clean the track - my finger and a paper towel, and q-tips hahha! 








I don't get a kickback from Amazon so didn't link the brush, but here's what it's called if you want to search for it. 


2 comments:

  1. I just ordered the bigger set, thanks for sharing the bleach idea too. Not sure if I told you but I did buy the Walmart spray bottle for the 50/50 bleach too! Those are great bottles!

    ReplyDelete