Friday, September 29, 2023

My Sis Tried It: Tortilla Pizza Rolls

Continuing on the theme of “sis tried it” I saw another recipe on social media.  This one was on Instagram and looked so good!  It’s a little similar to the one I tried before with the tortilla pizza’s (yum) but this one the toppings went directly in the pan first. Including cheese.  SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. How does the cheese not stick?  How am I flipping this without making a mess?  Who is cleaning the pan when I’m done? Haha. 


Directions: 

Pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni)
Mozzarella cheese slices (i only had shredded cheddar- weird I know)
I sprayed the pan with non cook spray first, laid the pepperoni’s down then laid the cheese on top like the directions said.  I added a layer of spinach and a little feta as well (their recipe didn’t have that).  After that I laid a low carb tortilla on top of that per the directions.  I pressed the tortilla to get it to “stick” to the cheese and cooked about a minute that way then flipped it over. I let that side cook for a couple minutes to “grill it”.  The entire thing shockingly came out all in one piece on my plate and the pan was CLEAN!  I put a little pizza sauce on top and rolled it up. 

Honestly this was great.  My only real negative is that one wasn't filling enough for some reason.  When I put the exact same ingredients as a pizza tortilla in that last post it was enough food so not sure why the same thing in a different form just didn’t feel like enough food. LOL. Anyway.. glad I tried this one- it was yum! 

Here are the pictures from Instagram:



And here are mine!:








No comments:

Post a Comment