Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Hot Cream Cheese Dip

This recipe is based loosely on my sis's buffalo dip - without the chicken and buffalo sauce hahaha. I wanted to make a hot dip in my small crockpot for Dave's birthday dinner and asked her for suggestions; she makes a non-buffalo sauce for me (and Mickey) because I don't like spicy but I do like dip LOL so she told me what she usually does, and I doctored it a little bit. 




Her advice is that she doesn't even make it the same way twice, you can change up the amounts as you see fit - add sour cream, mayo, more or less cream cheese, ranch dressing, chopped fresh spinach...it all tastes good. We were having tacos for dinner so I put a tiny Mexican flavor to my dip and it turned out delish, here's what I did:

  • 2 boxes light cream cheese, room temperature
  • scoop of light sour cream (approx 1/4 cup)
  • scoop of light mayo (approx 1/4 cup)
  • 1 can Rotel, don't drain
  • Mexican seasoning blend to taste
Blend everything together until smooth. Put in a small crockpot and heat over low until hot (if your crock insert is removable you can put it in the microwave for a couple minutes to give it a head start). Stir occasionally. 

I had a little leftover and stirred it into my scrambled eggs the next day - yum!


click here for her buffalo dip recipe 
click here for Meghan's buffalo-less chicken dip 



No comments:

Post a Comment