Monday, September 25, 2023

Ursula Costume

We had a fun surprise birthday party for LeDonna last weekend, she loves The Little Mermaid so we made that our theme (side note: when I was decorating the banquet room at the restaurant I kept getting asked how old the birthday girl is - I hung up banners and balloons, etc. that I found on Amazon - and when I replied 60 they all laughed and said they expected me to say 6 LOL). Anyway, we said to dress in a character if you chose (and L was made up to be Ariel of course), so in support of her having to walk into the restaurant in full-on Halloween costume Ariel I decided I'd do a somewhat toned-down Ursula.

I made invites using a free template found here

Found a t-shirt that has Ursula on it, black mermaid-y looking pants, and a gold shell necklace all on Amazon. I put the shell on a black silk cord and made her earrings from 2 shells I had on hand that I painted purple and wrapped wire around them to attach to ear wires. I tried to do Ursula makeup by layering blue and purple eyeshadow, drew on dark eyebrows shaped into her mean looking sea witch brows, red lipstick, and added a black mole. I bought white hair paint but decided not to use it and just stuck my hair up with got2be glued hair spiking glue which is really strong - your hair will not be soft once you apply this stuff, it's stiff and crunchy hahaha, but it works.

I took a couple pics but they aren't great, if you decide to be Ursula for Halloween (or your friends birthday party) just Google for images of her face and hair, there are lots. 



Funny story - when LeDonna's great-niece saw me she said to her mom ''Mom! I told you Uncle Jill should be Ursula because of her hair!!! And she is!!'' LOL. Oh, and yes, she calls me Uncle Jill :) Another funny story...


this is at the end of the night so my makeup is a little faded. I have purple 
under my brows, bright blue on the lids, black liner and mascara. I used black
powder eyeshadow on my brows but liquid liner would have been more dramatic!




No comments:

Post a Comment