Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tip-sy Tuesday: How to Reheat Corned Beef

Instead of cooking corned beef the day we're eating it, I make it ahead of time and reheat before serving.

Last year I made 3 corned beef roasts in my crockpot(s) the day before St. Patrick's Day - I like to cook them ahead of time so they can chill in the fridge, the fat hardens and I can skim off a lot of it. I always get comments about how lean my corned beef is, everyone loves it and really it doesn't take much to remove most of the fat. Normally to reheat it before serving I put it in my Dutch oven in some broth and warm it back up on low heat on the stove top, remove the meat from the juice, and slice to serve. This time I Googled other ways, possibly better ways, to reheat it and found many different versions all proclaiming the best way. I picked this one because it seemed like it should work and let me tell you - it was great! I'll go so far as to say the best hahah. 

I read that it's easier to slice corned beef cold, so that's what I did before reheating it. Cut into about 1/2" slices, put in a baking dish, add a few tablespoons of water and cover the dish with foil. Warm the corned beef in a 275' oven for 45 minutes. 

So good!! 

click here to see how I cook the corned beef in my crockpot. 


3.12.21: kid craft: paper leprechaun by Brooke

3.12.20:  TBT: St. Patrick's day luncheon and Green Pea Soup recipe

3.12.19: TT: single cupcake container

3.12.18: make a layered paper shamrock 

3.12.17: blueberry chutney (delish with pork tenderloin!)

3.12.16: copycat shamrock shake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment