Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tip-sy Tuesday: K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter

Dave makes himself a whole pot of coffee in the morning, and I have a single serve Keurig K-Cup. I haven't found a K-Cup brand or flavor that I love so I don't actually look forward to my morning cup other than the ritual of holding a hot mug - but when I take some of his coffee brewed in the pot I enjoy it so much more. That led me to thinking about the reusable filter that came with the machine but I have no idea where it went, and that maybe I should try putting my own coffee into one of those and seeing if it tastes better. I ordered one from Amazon and sure enough, adding my own grounds makes a big difference. Also for the cost of the filter and a bag of coffee I'm saving money over purchasing K-Cups. 

So, my tip for today is to check out the reusable filter (if you drink the pods, if you drink out of a coffee pot then never mind this tip!). 



 PS: in case you didn't know - if you have a single-serve coffee maker that has 5 needles to puncture the pod, you have to get a filter that looks like this one, not the kind that only has one hole in the center of the top. They include a red rubber piece that fits under the lid to plug up the 4 outer needle holes so you can use this kind even if you have a coffee maker that just has one needle. 

PSS: I'll still keep pods on hand for when we have people over, cleaning and filling the reusable pods for multiple cups of coffee is way too much work and time consuming!




No comments:

Post a Comment