Monday, March 11, 2024

Wine Cork Shamrock

We walked into the Village for lunch at our favorite Mexican take-out place (Casa Playa - my new discovery there is potato tacos* which are great!) and they had this cute wine cork shamrock on the counter...hello why haven't I made a shamrock out of wine corks? I've made so many other shapes haha, next up will be this one. I'm sharing the pics I took of the one on their counter so you have time to make one before St. Patty's day if you hurry - we are getting ready to road trip back to MI and I don't have time to pull this together.  

You need a shamrock shaped something as a template to glue the corks to - I might hit a dollar store or craft store and see if they have a wood shamrock, if not then I'd cut one out of cardboard. Paint some of the cork ends in greens, including some glitter if you like that. Then lay the corks out to see how you want to place them and start gluing in place. I didn't count how many they used but it's a lot of them! 


*This reminds me that I posted potato tacos a long time ago but mine were a little different than the restaurant version. Mine were like fried potatoes and theirs are much softer and easier to eat. I'd equate theirs to almost a very thick mashed potato texture. They serve theirs with shredded lettuce, Mexica crema, and cheese. Yum.  

click here to see another cork project that I painted the ends different colors. 

3.11.23: words


No comments:

Post a Comment