Thursday, March 11, 2021

Shamrock Pretzels

My sis sent me this idea last year but I didn't get around to making them , and of course forgot all about it. I found it again while going thru photos the other day, so made a mental note to get the ingredients (you know my 'mental notes' are pretty pointless, I really need to write it down!).  Seeing pretzels today at the grocery store reminded me that I wanted to make them, grabbed the 3 things I needed, came home and put them together in just a few minutes. How cute! I'm going to individually bag them and take to tap class (along with eating one. or two. we'll see hahaha). 


You'll need small pretzel twists, pretzel sticks, unwrapped rolos, and green m&m's. 

Preheat oven to 250'. Put a piece of parchment paper or a silpat on a cookie sheet. Lay out 3 pretzel twists and 1 pretzel stick to form the shamrock. Place a rolo in the center; bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven, top with a green m&m and gently press it into the rolo. You'll want the rolo to spread a little bit so it'll stick the pretzels together and keep the shamrock shape. I used the end of a big skewer to press them down and not get chocolate all over my fingers - the chocolate stays melty for quite a while, after pushing the m&m's down go back thru and adjust the pretzels tighter together to help them hold their shape. Pop the tray into the fridge until the chocolate is set. That's it!





3.11.20: grilled scallops with chili-lime cream sauce

3.11.19: carpet freshener

3.11.18: instant pot love (and a creamy chicken pasta recipe) by Jenny

3.11.17: create a baking center

3.11.16: shamrock garland


No comments:

Post a Comment