Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: Shamrock Plant

I posted about shamrock plants back in 2018, there's a good tip in the post that I'm repeating in case you missed it, or forgot (says the woman with the worst memory!):

You can grow more shamrock plants by taking a leaf from an existing plant, put the stem in a glass of water until it roots, then plant it. For real, it works! A cute idea is to buy a plant for your St. Patrick's day table, then give out single leaves (wrap in wet paper towels) as little St. Pat party favors. 

Here's the original post in it's entirety:

I bought little tiny shamrock plants as decorations for our St. Patrick's Day dinner tonight, and then I'll send them home with guests as party favors. I love shamrock plants - I grew my first one from a leaf that our friend Al gave me (he gives them out every year, literally just a leaf with its stem wrapped in wet paper towel), he said to put it in a glass of water and wait for it to grow roots (which it totally did!) and then plant it. Sure enough, a few months later I had my own full shamrock plant! It produces pretty little white flowers that close up at night, and has clover shaped leaves - perfect for St. Patrick's Day of course, but also a pretty houseplant the rest of the year.




Gotta run - I've got corned beef in the crock pot, make-ahead mashed potatoes on the stove, Irish cream bundt cake in the oven...it's a busy morning! Have a fun day everyone (and good luck with that green beer. Just sayin')!

3.9.20: shamrock garland

3.9.18: kids travel snack dispenser

3.9.17: crack dip

3.9.16: St. Patrick's table decor (pots of gold)

1 comment:

  1. Craig and I got married on St.Patrick Day. We had alot of these all over the reception. It was so pretty and fun.

    ReplyDelete