Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage (and carrots and potatoes too!)

I'm pretty sure I post this identical recipe every year around this time, but it's so good I don't want you guys to have to be googling recipes and wondering how to make this easy dish - you can trust this one, I promise! For the past few years we've bought the corned beef at Costco, I get the kind that has the seasoning packet included and I follow this recipe in addition to the directions they have on the packaging:

CROCK POT CORNED BEEF

4 lb. corned beef with seasoning
1 cup water
1 cup guinness (enough liquid to fill 1/2 way up or so)
2 bay leaves
1 t. extra cloves

cook on low x10 hours.

add carrots last 4-5 hours
add cabbage last 3 hours (if you're adding to the crock pot)

I don't add potatoes to the crockpot, over the years I've found people prefer either roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes; same with the carrots - I put some in the crockpot but I also roast some in the oven. I can never fit the cabbage in the crockpot so I usually cut it into wedges and steam it in a large pan on the stovetop. Click here for more info on how to prepare the rest of the meal. 

I don't have pictures of this but it just looks like a traditional corned beef and cabbage St. Patrick's Day meal :). But it has great flavor, promise - never too fatty or tough. Mmmmmm. So good! 

3.10.18: pots of gold

No comments:

Post a Comment