Thursday, March 18, 2021

Corned Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich

I've never thought about making grilled cheese sandwiches with corned beef - I mean, I guess it's basically a Rueben without the sauerkraut but I've never done it. So with the leftovers from our crockpot corned beef dinner that's what I'm going to do. I'm posting this before I make the sandwiches in case you have leftovers and also want to make yummy grilled cheeses! 

I'll thinly slice or chop the corned beef and use Havarti cheese on seedy bread (we like the Dave's Killer Bread varieties); rye, swirled rye, or pumpernickel would also be great. I looked at a bunch of recipes, many include carmelized onions or sauerkraut but I'm sticking with just meat and cheese and I bet a bit of dijon will taste great too. Yum, I haven't made these but I'm drooling hahahha. Will update with a picture after I make them - Happy St. Patrick's Day! 


3.18.18: corned beef and cabbage soup (use those leftovers!)
3.18.17: wine bottle storage using ABS drain tiles or PVC pipe
3.18.16: duct tape pencil holder (kid craft)


No comments:

Post a Comment