Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: air fryer 'boiled' eggs

My sis made a crack about hoping her new air fryer would make hard boiled eggs (the only thing she uses her Insta-pot for, click here for that post), then she sent me a link she found saying yep - you can make them in an air fryer! That's crazy but ok, I'll bite. 

I only made 2 just in case. 

It totally worked! Obviously they aren't 'boiled' because there's no water in the air fryer, but they came out just like hard boiled eggs. The only thing I didn't do was listen to the amount of time to cook them - the recipe said 16-18 minutes but that seemed too long so I pulled them out at 15 minutes and they were a bit undercooked. Still edible but the yolk didn't cook all the way thru...next time I'll do 18! 

not cooking until the yolk was firm also left the white
part too soft - it's cooked but broke apart when I peeled it

Preheat the air fryer to 250'. Put the eggs in the basket and air fry for 16-18 minutes for hard boiled. (11-12 for soft boiled, 13-14 for medium boiled). Remove from the oven and plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking.

I have a Cuisinart toaster oven/air fryer combo, not sure if everyone's air fryers will cook the same. 

click here for original source


3.23.20: road trip day 1

3.23.19: herb crusted buttermilk chicken

3.23.18: perler bead Easter eggs

3.23.17: a laugh

3.23.16: Easter side dishes - pineapple stuffing, creamed new potatoes, roasted carrots


No comments:

Post a Comment