Friday, March 1, 2024

Pot Pie by Paige

My niece sent me her recipe for pot pie that sounds really good, even if she did call it 'ghetto' hahaha. Here's how she makes it, in her words:

my quick and easy chicken pot pie is ghetto but it is so yummy lol! made in under 40 minutes. 


ingredients include: 

-One rotisserie chicken (or any cooked, shredded, chicken of your choice) 

-one bag of frozen veggies 

-one cup shredded cheese 

-one  8oz can of cream of chicken soup. 

-one 8oz can of cream of mushroom soup. 

-one can of buttermilk flakey biscuits (is that a can? A tube? Not sure, you decide just one of them okay) 

-1-2 tsp of butter 

- seasoning of your choice. (I use pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 

Add your chicken, your frozen veggies, both cans of soup, and your cheese to a dish season it all up and mix it all together. Press this mixture into the bottom of a baking dish. Once it’s all layered in the dish, I like to cut my biscuits into halves and layer them on top of the chicken mixture, then melt some butter and brush a little of it on top of the biscuits before cooking. I then bake for about 20 minutes or until one side of your biscuits are cooked. I then flip the biscuits so one side doesn’t get cooked while the other side stays soggy. I don’t have an exact time I would keep it in for, it’s done once your biscuits are visibly cooked to your liking and the chicken mixture is bubbly goodness! 


3.1.23: starch madness: starchy foods


No comments:

Post a Comment