Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Tip-sy Tuesday: microwaving baked potatoes

Tesha gave me this tip for making baked potatoes in the microwave and I've done it 3 times this past week because it works so good - and it makes for a quick easy lunch (even tho bake potato lunch 3 times a week might not be the most diet-friendly hahaha!). 

Let me back up a sec - we were talking about what she was having for dinner and she mentioned making microwaved baked potatoes and I said that even tho I do microwave potatoes I don't like how they usually turn out, with the weird shriveled chewy hard ends and the middle usually not soft enough. That's when she told me how she does it:

Clean and poke the potato a couple times, rub it all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap completely in a paper towel; microwave 5 minutes; remove from microwave and completely wrap with foil. Let sit on the counter or wherever until the middle is cooked thru (obviously you don't put it back in the microwave with the foil - once you wrap it, leave it out somewhere and the heat of the potato wrapped in foil lets it continue to cook outside of the oven). 

I can't remember if she told me there's a standard time for letting it continue to cook while in the foil, so far I've only had to wait 10-15 minutes and the potato has been perfectly cooked! Yay, good tip 👍


PS: I confirmed with Tesha about how long to keep them in foil until they're done - she said she doesn't really pay attention to how long, just leaves them on the counter for a while and they stay warm for a long time in the foil. 

PSS: I made these in the motorhome and set them on the counter. We then decided to go out to eat instead because it's like 1,000' in Florida and mosquitos were attacking us. Came back an hour and a half later, when I went to put the potatoes in the fridge they were still warm! To make 2 potatoes at once I microwaved for about 9 minutes before wrapping in foil. This also works with sweet potatoes, but don't oil or salt the outside. 

3.1.21: make a bracelet out of pretty ribbon

3.1.20: 🔥week 9

3.1.19: boho sling bag

3.1.18: password keeper

3.1.17: Julie's key lime pie

3.1.16: organize the spice drawer


No comments:

Post a Comment