Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Tip-sy Tuesday: Taco Salad

I'm calling this a 'Tip-sy Tuesday' recipe because it's beyond easy, and not a 'recipe' at all. More like a Wendy's fast-food-taco-salad-like hack!

I used to love Wendy's taco salad - I wonder, do they still sell it? Hmmm, I'll have to check...if they don't, or if you've never had one, it was a regular old lettuce, tomato, and cheese salad with sour cream, tortilla chips, and a cup of chili to pour over. Yum. Making myself lunch the other day and had the idea to recreate their salad by heating up a can of turkey chili (I like the no-bean version) and topping my salad with it, and I have to say - it was SO good! 

My standard homemade chili is nowhere near as thick as the canned kind, I'm pretty sure putting my regular chili over salad would end up a big floating lettuce mess! If you, however, make a super thick chili then I would try it in place of the canned - homemade should be better than canned I would think hahah. But for now I'm sticking with my new hacked version of my good old favorite Wendy's taco salad using the canned stuff. 


Ok, ok, not the prettiest salad - if you're concerned about that then just eat this alone with no-one looking at it or taking pictures to blog it hahahha. My base salad is lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes and avocado - not exactly like Wendy's but still pretty darn good. 

PS: I posted yesterday making fun of Dave's made up lunch - and here I posted my own made up lunch LOL. Today I'm laughing at myself hahahha...

3.15.21: leprechaun veggie tray

3.15.20: ðŸ”¥week 11




No comments:

Post a Comment