Thursday, March 17, 2022

Pizza Pasta? Tac-za Pasta? by Jenny

How great is this - my sister, with only minimal nudging from me that I'd love guest bloggers, sent me this out of the blue thinking I'd like to blog it! Woohoo, heck yes I would. She doesn't give herself enough credit, this looks delish and even tho I probably wouldn't have thought to put these ingredients together I bet it tastes delish too - although she might need to work on the name of her new dish! 

Here's her recipe, in her words (thanks again Sis!):


Hi there - non cooking sister here. So here was my dilemma. I took out frozen burger to make cheeseburgers, then the husband comes home and says he would like to go for burger night ... tomorrow.  I do love cheeseburgers but 2 days in a row? Yikes. So, 20 minutes to dinner time and a pound of thawed burger. 

He said “don’t you have hamburger helper”? Ummmm yuck. No. And my sister would mock me for making that crap. That said, I rummaged the cupboards to make my own “crap”!  I have to say while this seems random it was in fact delicious. The husband loved it and we both had seconds. Yum. 

1 lb burger browned with fresh mushrooms, 1/4 cup of pico de gallo, and 2 Tbs minced garlic
Drain the grease- 
Add 1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup light cream cheese
1 jar pizza sauce
1/4 cup Ortega taco sauce
1 cup shredded Colby jack

Cook all of the above together until warm and stir in a box of cooked rotini noodles. 

I added some chili flakes to mine when done, the husband topped his with Parmesan cheese. It was delish. 

Side note - they say pizza sauce is of course very similar to pasta sauce, minus the spices and seasonings- so definitely needed the taco sauce, chili flakes and garlic to jazz it up. 

Give it a try- don’t mock it until you try it! (That was a note for my sister) :)




Jill here - it's true I'm not a fan of Hamburger Helper but I wouldn't mock her for eating it (ok, ok, I wouldn't mock her to her face LOL). Just kidding, I'm a fan of shortcuts as you all know - for instance, I've never turned down boxed Kraft Mac 'n Cheese :)



No comments:

Post a Comment