Thursday, March 3, 2022

St. Patrick's Day Gnome

I mentioned when posting the Valentine gnome that I was pretty sure there was a leprechaun gnome in my future - and here they are! I did it a little different this time - I saw the inspiration on a dollar store website but they didn't have all the same supplies so I winged it as usual. Aren't they cute?


The original inspo project called for a styrofoam cone, tall socks, themed headband, and a feather boa (all dollar store supplies). I only found the socks and boa, no cones or headbands so I changed it up with what I had on hand. Here's what I did:

1. For the body I used a cone-shaped paper party hat and glued a piece of solid cardstock around it with hot glue. You don't need to cover the whole thing because the hat will cover the top portion. Trim the paper around the base so it sits flat. 

2. Cut the foot off the sock so you only have the tall straight part. Fit it over the top of the cone, pull it down as far as you want and glue the back in place.  

3. Cut a few pieces of the feather boa off the strand and stick them under the front of the hat/sock to form his beard, glue in place then glue the front of the hat over top. Glue a round wood ball on for his nose, push it under the sock a bit. Trim the feathers along the bottom if you want. 

4. The inspiration project tied the loose end of the sock with twine then glue on a decoration from the themed headband; I just scrunched and glued the end down and made my own decoration by cutting out a shamrock shape from green cardstock and glued on a ribbon and shiny penny.

I did basically the same thing to make a girl gnome - but did the feathers on the side to look like pigtails. 
















3.3.21: red and green enchiladas

3.3.20: TT: copycat Old Bay seasoning 

3.3.19: ðŸ”¥week 9

3.3.18: host an Oscar party

3.3.17: Brooke decorates her phone charger

3.3.16: photo class - self portraits



No comments:

Post a Comment