Sunday, March 13, 2022

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 11)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

3/6: 🔥 week 10

3/7: peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

3/8: TT: freezing asparagus

3/9: shanghai salmon 

3/10: MSIH: peanut butter dream bars

3/11: make the easiest earrings

3/12: pot o'gold cupcakes

What's Cooking ~

we are still camping and I did not buy a crockpot yet, so our meals are super basic this week - maybe you'll still get a couple ideas for dinner:

  • grilled steak, microwaved baby potatoes with olive oil and Italian seasoning, green beans
  • grilled pizzas , caesar salad
  • grilled marinated chicken breast, flavored rice packet, steamed broccoli
  • grilled bbq ribs, potato salad, sweet kale salad 
  • shrimp tacos (corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, green salsa, sour cream mixed with lime juice)
I haven't had much time to read lately and have a few books checked out on my library app so need to make the time! I finished "The Killing Floor" by Lee Child (the first in the Jack Reacher series). I've read it before but we just watched the series and I couldn't remember how closely the tv showed tracked the book. Now I can't remember much about the show and will re-watch it to see if it tracks LOL it's a vicious circle having a bad memory! The book gets a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, I love Reacher. 

Also read 'The Princess Bride", I saw the movie years ago but have never read the book. Hafta say, I laughed out loud numerous times - same as above, I need to watch the movie again and see how close it tracks the book! Another ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ winner. It's a classic for a reason. 

That's it for me - we are in Florida and of course it's 'unseasonably warm' because I don't like to be warm hahaha. Actually it's not warm, it's down right hot. We've done some cool things - my favorite hands down is watching a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral. It was amazing, I literally had tears in my eyes it was so awesome. And the sound! Wow. No 'gator sightings but I'm watching for sure. Hope everyone had a great week - stop back often to see more crafts, recipes, projects, etc. that I think of to make (or get other people to make for me)! Bye!

no 'gators yet, but these lizards are everywhere!

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor

3.13.19: island cupcakes
3.13.18: shamrock sun catcher
3.13.17: shamrock butterflies and paper garland (why did I post two that day? hmmm...)
3.13.16: crock pot corned beef 


No comments:

Post a Comment