Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Julie's Key Lime Pie

I'm finally starting to wear people down - I'm constantly reminding (reminding is sort of a nice word for it - I'm a little bossy about it really) people that if they make any yummy recipes or fun crafts then please send me the info and pictures so I can blog it...there are days I don't have time to share so the more guest bloggers I can get the better! So Julie sent me pics of the pie she was making to bring to a party we were all attending later that day, she thought I might like to share it with you guys. Yes! I've never made key lime pie and after tasting this one it I knew I wanted the recipe, seems pretty easy and it's really good.

She followed a recipe she found online,  didn't change anything other than she used limes from a neighbors tree instead of key limes - don't know how it would change the flavor but it's really really good this way! Thanks for sharing, Julie!!

I don't have a juicer, this would certainly make juicing easier tho!

graham cracker crust in a 9" pie plate

mixing together the filling - it takes 3 cups of sweetened condensed milk! no wonder it tastes so good...

Julie texted "remember to have a drink while baking"haha!

Ingredients:

1 9" prepared graham cracker crust
3 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lim juice
1 Tablespoon grated lime zest

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350'
2. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and zest. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 5-8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of the pie. DO NOT BROWN. Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.

Julie's notes: grate a tablespoon plus of lime zest, add some to the pie mixture and then after pouring into the pie crust add more zest on top for garnish before baking. Very scrumptious and yummy for the tummy :). And it's EVEN BETTER the next day!

recipe found on allrecipes.com - click here for the original recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment