Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Andes Mint Cookies

I re-organized all the cupboards in my kitchen and made space to have all of my baking supplies in a deep drawer and couldn't wait to put it to the test to see if this new system will function as well as I hoped...while cleaning everything out I came across a full bag of Andes Mint Chips that I forgot I had, so decided to whip up a batch of cookies following the recipe on the bag. These are very simple to make, and after you chill the dough for an hour they bake up very quickly. I used my one tablespoon cookie scoop, baked them for 10 minutes, and got 66 small cookies out of this dough. Oh, and the drawer idea works great - I'm SO happy!



• 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
• 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
• 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 1 package (10 oz) Andes® Creme de Menthe Baking Chips or Andes® After Dinner Mints, coarsely chopped
• 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed.

Stir in baking chips or chopped candy and then flour.
Chill at least one hour in refrigerator.


Measure out approximately 1 ounce of dough.
Raise oven rack one level above middle and baking on non-stick cookie sheets.
Bake at 350-degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes.
Cool on pans for two minutes before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment