Saturday, March 25, 2017

Frozen Smoothie Treats

I used to make smoothies every morning for breakfast but got out of that habit for some reason - probably cuz I'm lazy and got tired of washing the blender afterwards ;). Talking to Cathy the other day has inspired me to get the blender back out (it's been so long it's got dust on it!) and whip one up this morning. There are SO many recipes and ways to make smoothies, I bet you already have your favorites and don't need more suggestions - but I do love these tips from Cathy that I'm going to start doing, and want to share them with you.



She makes her smoothies with flavored yogurt, frozen fruit, protein powder, and a splash of milk. First tip is that she keeps bananas (cut in half or chunks) and berries frozen ahead of time so they're ready to toss into the blender and she doesn't have to add ice. I do frozen berries but have only frozen over-ripe whole bananas to use for banana bread in the future - love the idea of cutting them up so they're ready for smoothies. Second tip is if she has leftover smoothie she pours it into popsicle molds and freezes them, then if she wants a sweet treat later in the day or before bed she has these on hand. Great idea right? I don't have popsicle molds but am going to try this in an ice cube tray, don't see why that won't work! Thanks Cathy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment