Monday, March 27, 2017

K-Cup Birds

It's almost April and time for some
spring crafts for Ronda's seasonal display table...these little blue birds are too cute and I had to make them.  Seriously just try to tell me you don't think these are super cute! Yep they're a little silly and cutesy but I love them.

I got the inspiration for these online and changed them a bit - you don't have to make them just like I did but here's what to do if you do!



Supplies:

  • Clean recycled k-cups (I hope you've been saving these now after the couple other cute crafts I've shown you! click here and here for those posts)
  • blue tissue paper, orange and black cardstock, black marker or sharpie, mod podge, foam brush, hot glue
Directions:

Cut or rip tissue paper up into small pieces, spread both sides with mod podge and stick in place all over the K-cup. Keep applying the mod podge and paper until the entire surface is covered, overlapping the edges. Once it's dry hot glue a small bunch of crumpled tissue paper on either side for wings, a small orange triangle for the beak, and black feet (note I punched out a flower shape using a Stampin' Up die cut shape I had on hand and then cut in half, you can just cut out whatever shape you want for feet - or draw on 3 little black lines instead). Dot eyes on using the black marker.






No comments:

Post a Comment