Sunday, December 16, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 50)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a recap of what happened at camp this past week!

Posts you might have missed ~

12/9:   around the campfire (week 49)
12/10: Santa's wreath making workshop
12/11: bath salt ornaments
12/12: Mary's painted ornaments
12/13: felt Christmas tree
12/14: Christmas pinecone wreath
12/15: rolled paper Christmas tree

What's cooking ~

  • Sunday supper - crock pot West Coast Turkey chili over white rice, cornbread, salad
  • hamburger patties in mushroom soup gravy over rice
  • grilled chicken, butternut squash risotto
  • grilled pork chops, mushroom ravioli, roasted green beans
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not enough for a post of its own ~
  • I made the 'mistake' of thinking I could just pop in to the mall real quick, yikes. I hope you have your Christmas shopping done because I don't wish going to the mall on anyone right now! Dave was nice enough to go stand in line at the post office for me, whew - dodged a bullet on that one ;)
  • read "Bridge of Clay" by Markus Clay, it's so so good. The story is about brothers in Australia who are basically on their own. I bawled at the end, not so much about the storyline but because the book was over! 
  • started sorting thru Christmas decorations that I didn't put up this year - I want to get it cleaned out so putting away stuff will be easier after Christmas! I have too much...will take it to Goodwill in the next couple days and hopefully someone else can use it. 
Hope you'll stop by Day Camp this week and get some last minute Christmas crafts, gifts, and food ideas! Have a good one :)

Sincerely ~


Jill, your camp counselor

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on toooo much stuff. I simplified my Christmas decor as well. I am too old to put up 14 boxes of stuff. I totally agree with you. Let someone else enjoy it. I am going through my boxes after the first.

    ReplyDelete