Sunday, December 30, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 52)

Dear Campers ~

What? This is the last round-up for the year, it's week 52! Crazy. I've been busy this week around the house so didn't make a whole lot - but here's a recap of what made it on the blog:

Posts you might have missed ~

12/23: around the campfire (week 51)
12/24: animal gift holder 
12/25: Merry Christmas
12/26: boxing day (aka: cleaning the garage)
12/27: sweet and tangy crockpot meatballs
12/28: make a pillow box from old Christmas card
12/29: Natalie's snickerdoodlish frosted cookies

What's cooking ~
  • full on turkey dinner with 2 new additions that turned out great and I'll post the recipes soon!
  • leftover turkey dinner - our standard day after meal. Simply warm up the gravy in a saucepan and add pieces of chopped turkey; once heated thru serve over stuffing and/or potatoes. Easy peasy and actually tastes better this way than the first day (nothing like floating meat in gravy to make things extra delicious LOL!)
  • grilled pork chops with perfect baked sweet potatoes
  • grilled tuna steaks with greek salad
Miscellaneous stuff happening that isn't post-worthy but kept me busy ~
  • finished "Where the crawdads sing" and can't recommend this book enough. Loved it. Also read "Ghosted" by Rosie Walsh and loved that one too. Good book week ;) This may or may not be what kept me from making very many things this week hahaha.
  • organized all the Christmas stuff in the garage, cleaned everything out and made a spot for all of it. I used to dread pulling things out and putting it away but now it's so easy! yay me.
  • rearranged the living room furniture, which led to rearranging my office/junk room. 
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Have no idea what I'll be making this week to blog about, 
your guess is as good as mine - hope you'll check in to see what I end up doing (unless I decide to just read books all week!). Someone commented that it's time for fashion tips hahaha, first I'll have to wear something other than leggings...🤷‍♀️

Happy New Year!

Sincerely,


Jill, the camp counselor.

No comments:

Post a Comment