Thursday, December 27, 2018

Boxing Day

I don't actually know what "Boxing Day" is - I thought it was an old English thing about packing up leftovers the day after Christmas to take to the downtrodden, but I randomly heard the other day it's  a custom (not sure where?) that the servants/housekeepers/maids/etc. who had to work on Christmas Day received boxes of food the day after...I didn't ask 'uncle Google' so I don't know what the definitive definition is. This is totally beside the point - I only titled this "Boxing Day" because it's the day after Christmas and I don't have anything else to post because I spent the entire day, repeat the entire day, cleaning the garage. Which is nothing to blog about.


It kept me busy and was quite the chore;  I'm super dirty and covered in glitter. Side note: if you don't know me and wonder why cleaning the garage makes me covered in glitter - (a) my craft room is in a corner of the garage, (b) when you are glittering something like a pinecone wreath and the garage door goes up mid-glittering, (c) glitter goes everywhere. Then (d) your husband asks repeatedly and in a very confused voice, "why is there glitter everywhere in the garage?", and (e) you realize that he rarely complains about the mess you make crafting ALL the time and you should probably (f) do your best to clean up said glitter. Whew, that was a lot of points to make - right?


Wish there was a picture to show you how much glitter I swept up. (PS: there's also a lot of dirt in the garage, it isn't only glitter. Just sayin'). So now it's nighttime, I'm tired and sweaty/glittery, and realize I didn't blog an actual thing today. Tomorrow for sure :).

Night Peeps!


1 comment: