Thursday, December 27, 2018

Sweet and Tangy Crockpot Meatballs

I made these to take to a party and they were a big hit - Dave had leftovers the next day (and this from a man that rarely eats leftovers), deemed them great and says definitely a keeper recipe. Throwing or going to a New Year's party? I can recommend these easy delish sweet and tangy meatballs that everyone loves!

I found the original recipe here and changed it a bit:

140 frozen meatballs
20 ounces grape jelly
36 oz. chili sauce (3 12 oz. bottles)
big squeeze of bbq sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar

Mix the sauce ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat until combined. Add to the meatballs and stir to coat evenly. Put the meatballs and sauce in a slow cooker, cover, heat on low for 6 hours.

I like to use a liner to save on the cleanup but if you don't use one then I would spray the crockpot first. Another tip I learned the hard way: I put the meatballs in the crockpot and then poured the sauce over but it was a little hard to cover all the meatballs that way. Next time I'll mix them all together in a big bowl and then transfer to the crockpot - I was being lazy and didn't want to dirty another dish but it would have made things easier.

This recipe fit in my large oval crockpot (I think it's a 6 quart).  I used Italian style meatballs from Costco - you can make your own of course but 140 sounded like too many to make from scratch (read the above note about my being lazy hahaha).

one year ago: chocolate caramel tart

two years ago: peppermint sugar scrub

three years ago: bread pudding with salted whiskey sauce 


No comments:

Post a Comment