Friday, December 21, 2018

Fudge Wreath


Last wreath for the year (I'm pretty sure) - perfect for holiday parties, dessert buffet, to give neighbors or co-workers... and like most of the things I make it's quick and easy! Note to self: I should count how many times I used the words "quick and easy" this past year!

I used Rachel Ray's recipe for 5 minute fudge with a couple changes I'll note after her recipe:

1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
9 oz butterscotch chips (3/4 of a 12 oz. bag)
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 oz. walnut halves
1/2 cup currants or raisins
candied red and green cherries


8" cake pan, lightly greased with softened butter

1. Place a heavy pot on the stove and preheat it over low heat. Add chips and milk and stir until chips are melted and milk combined. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in vanilla and remove fudge from heat. Add nuts and currants and stir in immediately. 


2. Cover empty condensed milk can with plastic food wrap and center it in the greased cake pan. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to recenter can if it drifts. 

3. The fudge will set up almost immediately. Garnish can only be added in the first minute or 2 the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with "holly" made from cut candied red and green cherries. A wreath left plain can be garnished with a pretty fabric bow when serving. Chill covered in the refrigerator and slice fudge very thin when ready to serve, a little goes a long way.

*My notes: I used the same donut-shaped cake pan from yesterday's cheeseball wreath sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. I substituted dried cranberries for the currant/raisins because I don't like raisins, and used walnut pieces instead of halves because I don't like big old bites of nuts, and I added  mini-marshmallows. My store only had green candied cherries so I just cut them in pieces to resemble leaves and made 3 little clusters on the wreath. This was a big hit at Dave's ukulele holiday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment