Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Dry Ranch Seasoning

I made a recipe that my sis found for 'slow-cooker crack chicken' the other day, it called for dry ranch seasoning packets which I didn't have on hand and didn't feel like going to the store - fortunately the recipe also included notes how to make your own dry ranch seasoning so I went with that. I wasn't sure if I had buttermilk powder so that led to my emptying my baking cabinet looking for some, sure enough I did! Not sure why but it came in handy for making this seasoning blend. You can find it in the baking aisle at the grocery store if you for some weird reason don't have this laying around hahahha. 


  • 1/2 cup buttermilk powder
  • 1T. dried chives
  • 1 T. dried parsley
  • 2 t. garlic powder
  • 2 t. onion powder
  • 1 t. dried dill
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. pepper 
Whisk all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. Note some buttermilk powder formulas require refrigeration after opening, if that's the case for yours then (obviously) store this blend in the fridge. 

3 T. seasoning blend = one packet dry ranch mix. If you want to make ranch dressing using this seasoning, whisk it together 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo, and 3/4 cup milk.

recipe found here 



2/2/21: tip-sy tuesday room temp butter tip 

2.2.20: ðŸ”¥week 5

2.2.19: groundhog day card or decoration

2.2.18: super bowl games

2.2.17: preserved lemons

2.2.16: organizing wrapping and tissue paper


    No comments:

    Post a Comment