Friday, February 11, 2022

Wine Cork X and O

I may or may not have been creeping on my neighbor Missy's FB post showing her in the kitchen cooking with a friend when I saw a wine cork x and o on her countertop hahahah. Can you even guess how many seconds it took me to go get my cork stash and hot glue gun and whip these out?!!! 


The front of hers are painted red and white, obviously perfect for Valentines Day - but I didn't want to totally just flat out copy so I picked out red wine stained corks for the 'x' and left the corks for the 'o' in their natural state of cork-colored. I'm sure cork-colored is an actual term, right? You know what I mean - don't do anything to them hahaha. 

See how lazy I am underneath it all? Instead of painting the corks I went with their 'natural state'. 

I LOVE this sooooooo much! Such a fun, simple decoration. 


in case I couldn't make a perfect cork circle once I started gluing them together, 
I traced a circle on a piece of paper to use as a guideline. 

For the record, I did ask Missy if she cared if I blog her cute corks since I flat out stole the idea hahahah - she said her friend made them for her and it's fine to share. Here's my inspiration photo:


2.11.21: pasta sauce with meat and eggs

2.11.20: how to make an origami heart

2.11.19: make an ear crawler

2.11.18: confetti heart picks

2.11.17: blueberry jilly's jam

2.11.16: valentine nail art





No comments:

Post a Comment