Thursday, February 3, 2022

MSIH: Slow-Cooker Crack Chicken

I was feeling a little housebound last week and told my sis I'd make them food if she told me what she wants and sends a recipe ('cuz that's half the battle - thinking of what to make!); she sent a handful of recipes she's been saving - she says she was saving them because they seemed like recipes she could make but I'm wondering if she was really saving them waiting for me to ask hahahah. 

First up is 'slow-cooker crack chicken'. This is not a recipe that would have caught my eye, it just seems like dip to me but the blurb says to serve over potatoes, rice, pasta, rolls, etc. so it's meant to be dinner. Ok - nothing like dip on pasta for dinner but who am I to judge LOL.


Jen's review in her words:

Can’t remember what this was named- maybe Crack Chicken?  HAHAHAA.. that’s a name that sets up high expectations.

My sister told me this could be put over noodles, bread, in a tortilla, etc.

I thought that seemed weird and chose over pasta. (why on earth would I put chicken in a sauce on bread?).  After one bite I realized why.  It was thick enough to definitely be on bread or inside a tortilla. Maybe an enchilada/burrito.  It had great flavor, cheesy, with just the right amount of interesting tang.  I do have to say I think if putting over pasta it actually had too much chicken and not enough sauce.  The Chicken was very thick making a weird chicken/pasta ratio.  Good but thick.  As a filling for burrito or on a sub bun it would have been perfect.  

 

No idea what is in it but if it isn’t too complicated I would make it again. 

 

Love this. yum. 


  • 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 packets dry ranch seasoning, or homemade ranch seasoning (click for recipe)
  • 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • chopped green onions for garnish (note I omitted these, didn't have on hand)
Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with dry ranch seasoning. Top with cream cheese (cut into smaller pieces). Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours. Do not overcook or the chicken might dry out. 

Once cooked, remove the chicken from the sauce in the crockpot and shred with 2 forks. Return to the crock pot, stir into the cream cheese sauce. Top with bacon and shredded cheese, cover until cheese is melted. 






recipe found here recipecritic


Jill here: I made extra of this and had it for dinner mixed with whole wheat fettuccini noodles. It's definitely a lot of chicken and not super saucy, think pulled chicken consistency - I thought about adding broth to loosen it up but I didn't, just tossed it with the pasta so the noodles were coated but not saucy. We liked it and I agree, I'd make it again - maybe not over pasta but in enchiladas or over rice I think I'd really like. 



2.3.21: valentine layered cookies 









2.3.20: doctored up brownies

2.3.19: 🔥week 5

2.3.18: football toss game

2.3.17: root beer bbq pulled pork

2.3.16: cookie bites

 

No comments:

Post a Comment