Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Heart Treat Holder/Bookmark

I have no idea what to call this cute treat holder - slash - bookmark, that's not really a very catchy or descriptive name hahah. But it's cute, super easy to make (once you have the template, more on that in a sec), and just in time for Valentines day - although really a cute heart shaped treat holder - slash - bookmark is perfect for any time of the year!

I saw this idea at bhg (better homes and gardens), there's a big box that says to 'click here for free template' but of course I couldn't find a template. I'm pretty resourceful so spent the next 45 minutes googling to find it at a different source but nope. And I'm pretty crafty so I thought I would just figure out my own template. But I'm also pretty lazy and just sat at my computer continuing to locate one hahahah. I ended up having to log in on the bhg site (who knew I already had a log on, why would I? Hmmm...) and then they took me to the place where I found the template. I'm going to save you some work and give you the dimensions in case you want to make these and don't want to spend half your day looking for the template LOL. 


Like I said, this is a quick and easy project - I took lots of photos but really, it's quite simple and it took me longer to photograph and write this up then it did to make it hahahah!

The directions say to glue 2 pieces of paper together so when you open the heart it's a different color on the inside - I used double-sided scrapbook paper instead and saved that step. 

Start with an 8" x 5 3/4" piece of paper. Lay the template on top of the paper and cut around it. Fold in half along the dotted line. 



Open back up, lay the template back on top and cut the diagonal line so the heart can open up. See pics, it's way simpler than my description haha. 



Put adhesive along the side under the diagonal cut and halfway across the bottom to the fold. In the following picture I put tear tape along the edges to show you where to place the adhesive of your choice. Fold the card back in half, sticking the bottom and lower sides together creating a pouch. 



Using the template as a guide, punch a small hole on the side. 


Fill the pouch with a little treat or gift.  I used candy that I have on hand, anything long and skinny works -  lollipops would be cute, lip gloss, pencils, etc. would also be good. Thread a piece of twine, ribbon, yarn, thread, whatever you want thru the holes to keep the heart closed and encase your gift. 


After they remove their goodie, tie the heart closed again and presto - now it's a bookmark :)



2.8.21: Valentine caterpillar by Brooke

















No comments:

Post a Comment