Thursday, February 24, 2022

MSIH: Olive Garden Chicken

Jen gave me this recipe she saw on FB and I made it for another 'My Sis is Hungry' review, I seriously had my doubts about cooking chicken in olive garden salad dressing along with cream cheese and parmesan but whatever, the recipe sounded good to her so I couldn't/wouldn't be blamed if it turned out gross! Here's her review, in her words, recipe follows. 


I cant believe something that had such “simple ingredients” was so amazing.  Well let me be clear- I’m assuming it was simple ingredients because my sister told me if I wanted extra sauce (the husband likes it “saucy”) to just mix olive garden dressing, cream cheese and parm cheese. I didn’t have Olive Garden dressing but I did have Italian.  Anticipating it would be too dry (it looked dry) I mixed up some extra sauce in advance. I reheated it and we decided to try it first (before adding sauce) and OMG.  It was SO GREAT.  The noodles absorbed the sauce so it didn’t need extra at all.  The flavor was packed into the noodles and chicken.  We LOVED the shredded chicken- I’m assuming my sister didn’t buy rotisserie chicken and shred that but that’s what I will try when I am going to make this myself.  Her chicken was amazing though- great flavor, we liked that she left it in bigger chunks so it made it more filling.  We did try to put extra sauce on a couple bites just to see if we liked it and we didn’t like it as well. The sauce flavor actually over powered the delicious flavor it already had so really didn’t need extra. I also don’t eat a lot of pasta so I went looking for a veggie to mix in.  I was hoping to mix in broccoli to try that and unfortunately didn’t have any so ended up with green beans.  Nope not a good addition at all. HAHAHA.


Lesson learned to perhaps eat the meal as my sister has prepared it, she apparently knows what she’s doing.

 

In summary, we loved this.  The husband gave it an 8 ½ which is high praise from a tough critic.  Yum.

 

OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN

Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Lay 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Add 2 cups Olive Garden salad dressing. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper all to taste. Top with 1/2 cup shredded parmesan and 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese. Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Once the chicken is done shred it with 2 forks right in the pot with the sauce. Stir in another 1/2 cup shredded parmesan and a box of cooked noodles. 

my notes: I watched the TikTok video and she doesn't give amounts so I winged it. There were probably too many noodles but there was enough sauce to nicely coat them. I feel like Italian dressing would work just as well - the Olive Garden dressing I bought at the grocery store says "Italian" underneath. 

PS: oops - naturally I forgot to take a finished picture!! Picture noodles with shredded chicken in a creamy sauce. 


click here for the recipe found on facebook


2.24.21: jammer cream scones



No comments:

Post a Comment