Saturday, September 3, 2022

Cucumbers in Vinegar

 LeDonna gave me this idea for my new favorite way to eat cucumbers - my mouth is watering just thinking about them - cover sliced cukes with apple cider vinegar and let them hang in the fridge, oh my gosh this is SO good. I've been eating them straight out of the container, usually I sprinkle salt on them right before popping into my mouth! You can experiment with different kinds of vinegar but so far I've only used apple cider and it's amazing. 

You can peel the cucumbers or leave skin on, whichever you prefer. They will hold in the fridge for a few days  before the vinegar starts getting cloudy and the texture of the cukes gets too soft...I eat them faster than they could possibly go bad so can't tell you how many days. Just keep an eye on them. 

For the record, I don't love cucumbers so having them in a quick pickle like this is the perfect way for me to enjoy them :)


9.3.21: tiny wedding cake

9.3.20: drunken cherry bombs

9.3.19: TT - clear vanilla

9.3.18: tomato week: stuffed tomatoes

9.3.17: cauliflower waffles

9.3.16: Barbie soap - wrong but funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment