Thursday, October 26, 2023

Halloween Wine Bottle Candleholder

Tesha sent me an inspiration photo of painted wine bottles with Halloween labels and battery-powered black taper candles - it seemed like an easy enough project so I fished an empty wine bottle out of the recycle bin and set to making one.

I glopped extra paint around the top of the bottle
so it'd look like melted candle wax 

At first I was thinking I'd paint the bottle white and add big black eyes, with the black candle that'd look pretty cool - but the candles I ordered from Amazon don't fit in the top of the bottle so I switched to a regular wax candle that I could smoosh the bottom into the bottle. My candle is white tho and I didn't want a white candle with a white bottle so I changed my idea to a black bottle with creepy white eyes. 


I made a pattern for the eyes out of paper and stuck them onto the bottle (after I painted it black and it completely dried) as a template. I traced around the pattern with a black sharpie and proceeded to fill the outline in with white paint but didn't like how it looked - hmmmm....now what? All the paint easily washed off the bottle and I started over. This time using my Cricut machine to cut out a spider and spiderweb. Much better! 

I love how this turned out so much that I've since saved more bottles and think I'll work on ones for Thanksgiving and Christmas - I'll show you after I make them!



No comments:

Post a Comment