Friday, October 20, 2023

Turkey, Rice, and Veggie Dog Food

Ronda shared this recipe and photos with me, she feeds her dog Lola this homemade formula and says Lola literally goes crazy every time she eats! I've never heard of adding kidney beans; I asked if she adds any additional vitamins or supplements but she said "This is all I give her. She just went to the vet and had blood work done and it all came back good…so they didn’t tell me to give her anything else". I also asked how much she feeds Lola (she's a little dog, I'll have to figure out how much to give Sarge) - then we had this text convo that made me laugh:

Ronda: it’s a cup a day so I give her 1/2 cup at each serving. I think Eric overfeeds her!

Me: haha, well since she’s that excited about it I can see why he’d give more LOL.

Ronda: She has him wrapped around her paw! 


From Ronda:

  • 48 ounces ground Turkey
  • 1 1/2 cups rice
  • Can of kidney beans
  • Bag of frozen:
    • Spinach
    • Peas and carrots
    • Squash or sweet potatoes
  • 1 1/2 cup water 

Cook 4 hours on high or 7 1/2 hours on low. I freeze half and refrigerate the other half. Here is the link where I get the containers from amazon, I made the mistake of not getting freezer safe containers to begin with and they cracked! 






Jill here - I'm with Lola and think both Sarge and I would love to eat this too hahaha - and I bet the house smells great while it's cooking. Thanks for sharing, Ronda (and Lola)! She sent a short video of a very happy Lola but I can't get it to load - click here to see it on youtube. 




10.20.20: TT: organizing fabric

10.20.19: ðŸ”¥week 42


10.20.17: ghost windsock













10.20.16: make a Jack O'Lantern candy jar












No comments:

Post a Comment