Friday, October 13, 2023

MSIH: Hawaiian Baked Chicken

I'm not sure how I landed on this website but a lot of the recipes I clicked thru look yummy, I saved this one for Hawaiian chicken even tho I didn't think Dave would like it and I'd probably never make it. So I do what I always do when there's a recipe I want to make but not for us - ask my sis if she's hungry of course! I changed the original recipe by halving the amount of chicken and pineapple but keeping the rest of the ingredients the same to make sure there would be enough sauce, I don't know why this sounded like it could potentially be dry - I'll share how I made it, click the link below to read the original recipe. 


Jen's review:

Yay! My dinner delivery service is BACK! WOOOOO!! This one was some version of Hawaiian chicken she said. I like chicken but LOVE Hawaii so expectations were high. Haha. Kidding kidding. So while this one was cooking the house smelled great.. I was hoping it tasted as good as it smelled! Jill said that she made this extra saucy but honestly it seemed like the perfect amount of sauce to me. I put mine over rice, and I added some frozen spinach to my rice. That was delicious. The husband ate his plain, just the meat with no rice, and he also really liked it! He commented how moist the chicken is, and he was right. That’s  probably due to the fact that she made double the amount of sauce but either way it was delicious. I don’t know how hard this is to make or how unhealthy it is so I will have to wait until I see the recipe to decide if I will make it again. The husband doesn’t love pineapple on his food, he likes it separate, but doesn’t usually like it cooked in things so he didn’t rank this one as high as I did, but he did say he’d be willing to eat it again! (Gee what a giver, willing to eat what someone else has made). Haha. That’s a complaint for another day. Try this chicken- you won’t be disappointed!

  • 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 t. garlic powder
  • 2 T. melted butter
  • 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • paprika
Preheat oven to 400'. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, place in a shallow baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine the melted butter, chicken broth, mustard, honey, garlic powder, and pineapple with it's juice; spoon over chicken and sprinkle with paprika.

Bake for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180'.

NOTE: 45 minutes seems like a long time to me, told my sis I would start checking it at 30 minutes. I didn't ask how long she baked it for but when I find out I'll update this post!



original recipe found here 

10.13.20: TT: easy chicken teriyaki
10.13.19: ðŸ”¥week 41
10.13.2017: costume ideas (adults, there's a bunch of them!)
10.13.2016: making babies (baby plants, that is!)
10.13.2015: Sarge's reversible Halloween scarf






No comments:

Post a Comment