Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Halloween Baby Footprint Art

Yesterday I teased this post (click here for a tip on babies and painting) - I love how this project turned out and couldn't wait to share it! 

Mickey and Kyle brought my new grand-niece Georgia to visit (I finally got to meet her in person and she is as adorable in real life as she is in the photos hahah!!) and she found a couple fun ideas that we could make with baby footprints. I bought wooden pallet signs at the dollar store, and wood canvas frames at Hobby Lobby; before starting to paint on Georgie (!) we prepped by painting the pallet signs orange and the wood frames black and let them dry. Once we were ready for the baby part we did an assembly line - Kyle held her, I held her foot, Mickey brushed washable craft paint on the bottom of her foot, and Jen pressed a sign or a frame onto the wet foot creating these adorable little baby footprints. Wipe off all of the paint, repeat with the other foot.


For the signs Mickey painted a B next to the 2 prints that look like ghosts when upside down to spell 'BOO' - there was debate about adding eyes to the 'ghosts' but she decided to leave them plain. 

For the frames I cut out the words 'trick or treat, smell my feet' using my Cricut Joy, and stuck them on the frames.  FYI in case you wonder - I chose the font 'sophia' for trick or treat, and 'apple gothic' for smell my feet. 


Georgie got a bath as soon as we were done - she was a pretty good sport about having cold wet paint on her feet LOL but like I said yesterday, the more hands the better to help with squirming baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment