Sunday, February 25, 2024

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 8)

Dear Campers ~ 

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

2/18: 🔥 week 7

2/19: painted plate

2/20: TT dusting woodwork 

2/21: Korean bbq marinated chicken thighs

2/22: oreo pie

2/23: msti - buffalo chicken 'nachos'

2/24: words

What's Cooking ~

  • honey bbq glazed meatloaf, mashed potatoes, wedge salad 
  • boursin chicken, buttered noodles, roasted broccoli with fresh tomatoes
  • baked pork chops, sweet potatoes, roasted green beans
  • grilled swordfish, coleslaw, tortillas
  • bbq ribs, mashed cauliflower, chopped veg salad

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~

  • read 'Caramel Pecan Roll' a "culinary cozy mystery" by Joanne Fluke. I've read a bunch of this series, every time I ask myself why because I really don't enjoy her style of writing. But there's recipes. So I keep reading them hahaha. She has like 25 in the series so she's obviously successful and well-liked - who am I to judge? I'll give this ⭐️⭐️ 1/2 because I did finish it, I noted a few of the recipes that I'll probably try, and because chances are I'll get sucked into reading more in this series in the future. 
  • read 'Lord of the Flies' by William Golding. This is a classic, Dave said he had to read it in high school, I've heard of it but never read it so figured I'd cross it off the list. Um, guys? Have you read this? Why is it a classic, why is it mandatory reading, and why is it a classic? Haha. I am not going to give 0 stars to a classic so I'll just leave you with my review which is - why is it a classic? why is it mandatory reading? Dave says it's a precursor to contemporary young adult dystopian stories - while I love the Hunger Games I did not like Lord of the Flies AT ALL!!! 'Nuf said. 
  • read 'The Malt in our Stars', a "literary pub cozy mystery" (side note - I read 2 'cozy mysteries' this week, I'm ready to get back to something a little more thrilling LOL). This was pretty good, in a light - not too scary- easy read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

That's it for this week! See you next week for more projects, crafts, recipes, whatever we can think of to make at camp - bye :)


Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor




 

No comments:

Post a Comment