Monday, February 5, 2024

Flamingo Valentine

I love flamingos, so when I saw this idea for a flamingo valentine I sat right down and made one with materials I have on hand - my scale is off but you can still see how cute this will be once I have the correct size pipe cleaners! I have these hot pink super thick fluffy pipe cleaners (chenille stems) and skinny thin orange ones - this would be better with either a larger heart body, thinner pink pipe cleaner for the neck, and/or thicker and longer orange stems for the legs. Over all it's still cute tho so I'm showing it to you even though it isn't 'perfect'. 


This is a very easy and quick craft, definitely kid-friendly as long as they can cut and glue. You'll need 
  • a big paper heart for the body
  • 3 smaller paper hearts for the wings, fold in half
  • pipe cleaners for the neck/head, and the legs - make them whatever color you like!
  • scrap piece of cardstock for the beak/head
  • sequin and gem for the eye
  • black marker to color in the end of the beak
  • feather for the tail
  • glue, scissors





glue one folded heart on the left side of the middle of the heart, glue another on the right side with folds touching, add the last heart in between. Fluff. 

Note: you could leave off the wing hearts and write a Valentine message on the larger heart instead if you'd rather! 


Bend and shape the legs. Glue the legs, tail, and S-shaped body to the back of the larger heart. That's it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment