Thursday, February 1, 2024

Touchdown Brownies (aka Caramel Pretzel Brownies)

I don't have a picture of these terrific brownies, but they looked and tasted great so I'm sharing without a photo - I will definitely be making them again so I'll try to remember a picture next time! 

The inspiration for these came from here at the baker mama (click for the original recipe); I just made a couple changes because I really like Ghirardelli brownie mixes so I didn't make these from scratch, and I omitted the nuts because Dave is allergic. Note the name is 'touchdown brownies' because she makes them for gameday tailgating - for the rest of the year I'm calling them 'caramel pretzel brownies' haha

Here's what I did:

  • 1 box of brownie mix for a 13x9" pan, and ingredients listed on the package 
  • 1 jar (12-15 oz.) caramel sauce
  • 1 cup caramel bits, divided
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
  • small pretzels (football shape if you can find them, otherwise I use snaps or small twists)
Mix the batter following package instructions, fold in 3/4 cup caramel bits and 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Bake the brownies according to the package instructions. Let cool 30 minutes. Spread the caramel sauce over the top, place the pretzels evenly over the caramel, top with the remaining 1/4 cup caramel bits and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Let cool another 30 minutes. 

Notes: 
  • if you want to remove the brownies whole from the baking dish, first line the pan with parchment paper before putting batter into the pan. Once cooled you can lift them out using the parchment paper as a 'handle'.
  • place brownies in the fridge for at least an hour if you want the caramel sauce to set up. 
  • if you don't have mini pretzels you can break larger ones into smaller pieces, it'll taste the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment