Friday, February 23, 2024

My Sis Tried It: Buffalo Chicken...Nachos?

I have made some weird things in my days of giving my sister my “recipe’s” and this one is no different. At the risk of being mocked here it comes.

I have to be honest and start by saying that the original idea is something I saw on a daytime talk show.  We were heading up to the Super Bowl and they had a bunch of suggestions for healthy alternatives to Super Bowl food.  

Now some I will grant you are just ridiculous.  Substitute Kale chips for potato chips, Non alcoholic drinks with Zero sugar juice, etc.  Yeah.. no thank you. But one of them definitely piqued my interest!  Buffalo Chicken Nacho’s.  Minus the chips. HAHA.. 

So.. this idea is a health take on the buffalo dip that most of us know and love (except my sister because its too “spicy”) but in general it’s a fan favorite.  It also is a take on the healthy stuffed peppers I have made and put on my sisters blog in the past.  (Look for it, it was delish).  Anyway this time they make a healthy variation of buffalo chicken dip and put it on peppers and air fry it.  All things I love, how could it go wrong?

 

I made a small-ish batch just so I could try it out: 


 

½ cup light cream cheese

½ cup light sour cream 

½ cup franks red hot sauce

½ cup diced chicken (they suggested could used can or rotisserie chicken shredded but I had leftover chicken breast so I diced that)

½ cup low fat cheddar cheese

½ cup low fat ranch 

 

I missed those ingredients together and put the filling in colored small bell peppers that I had sliced and laid flat. I then sprinkled with a little more cheese on top and airfried for 10 minutes.

I have to be honest this was FANTASTIC. I mean to be fair it was definitely not a substitute for nacho’s but as a stand alone snack it was really really good. 

 

Give it a try! 

 




2.23.23: orange blossom dressing

2.23.22: Mexican hot chocolate cookies 

2.23.21: TT cleaning shrimp hack 

2.23.20: ðŸ”¥week 8

2.23.19: turkey tetrazzini 

2.23.18: random acts of crochet

2.23.17: frozen cooked chicken

2.23.16: how to separate eggs



No comments:

Post a Comment