Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Tip-sy Tuesday: Making Brown Sugar

I saw this tip in one of those books by Joanne Fluke (about a baker who solves murders, I don't love the books but she includes recipes so I keep getting sucked in!), I haven't tried this myself but it's a very handy tip to have on hand if I'm out of brown sugar - I'll just make my own (as long as I have molasses, which I usually do because it takes forever for me to use up the whole bottle).

Put one cup of white sugar in a small bowl and drizzle one teaspoon of molasses over the top. Mix the 2 together until it is thoroughly combined and the result is a nice, even color of brown. 

White sugar + molasses = brown sugar. 


2.27.23: paper folder #2

2.27.22: ðŸ”¥ week 9 

2.27.21: irish coffee

2.27.20: goldenrod


2.27.18: quinoa salad

2.27.17:  make a beaded bauble ring


No comments:

Post a Comment