Thursday, April 18, 2024

Baked Pork Chops

If the weather is decent we like to just do a main protein on the grill, and I have fun with different side dishes. We were in CA for a bit and it rained a lot, A LOT - so I had to come up with meals made in the oven or stovetop. So when I bought boneless pork chops before realizing it was going to rain again and Dave wouldn't be able to grill them I figured I'd just Shake-and-Bake 'em, and then found that I don't have any Shake-and-Bake. 

I did have the ingredients on hand to make this recipe for baked pork chops I found here at Food Network so made this easy coating that didn't take much more time than if I'da shaken them up with premade mix - and sure enough, they tasted really good...yeah, yeah, I should probably always be making my own coating and forego the boxed stuff but I probably won't haha. But I will use this as my plan B of choice from now on.

  • 1 1/2 cups panko
  • 5 T. vegetable oil
  • 3 T. grated Parmesan
  • 2 t. dried Italian seasoning
  • kosher salt and ground pepper
  • Four 3/4" bone-in pork chops (about 2 1/4 pounds)
Preheat the oven to 450'.

Combine the panko, oil, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and 3/4 t. each salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Put the pork chops in a large bowl and toss to coat with 1 T. water. Place the pork chops in the bag and shake well to coat, pressing the breadcrumb mixture firmly into the meat. 

Place the pork chops on a wire rack set on a baking sheet and top evenly with any breadcrumbs remaining in the bag. Bake until the breadcrumbs are dark golden and the internal temperature of the chops registers 145' F. on an instant-read thermometer (avoid touching bone), 15 to 20 minutes. 

My Notes: I followed this recipe as written other then I baked the boneless chops at 375' for 15-20 minutes until done (watch them, baking time will depend on how thick your chops are). 

I don't have any photos to show you - Dave asked if I wanted him to take a picture and I said no, they're just plain old pork chops and I'm not blogging it...but then they turned out really good and I wanted to share! Guess what? They look an awful lot like I Shake-and-Baked them!!! 😂😂


No comments:

Post a Comment