Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday: DIY Mixer Spatter Guard

I saw what seems like a good tip someplace online - how to make a spatter guard for your standing mixer. 

Side note: I wasn't sure 'spatter' was a word so I googled and yep, it is: Many people use the words spatter and splatter interchangeably. If you’d like to be precise, use spatter for small particles of liquid. Reserve the use of splatter for large messes. However, there’s no need to get out the tape measure! After all, one dictionary defines splatter as “to spatter.” 

Back to the tip - the directions are to remove the blade or beaters from your standing mixer, and perforate a paper plate on the top portion of the beater. Secure it back in place, and you've got yourself an instant spatter guard for your next recipe. Simple idea and it makes sense. So I tried it and took the following pics:




I started writing today's post as a 'fail', because it clearly didn't work, but as I'm writing it I realize I didn't do it right, anyone else notice that the directions say to put the plate on the beater and I put the paper plate on the mixer! Duh. So next time I used the mixer I tried it the 'right' way:



Nope. Still a fail. 

Don't know if I'm just doing it wrong, or my mixer is different or what. It didn't work for me so you're prob wondering why I'm sharing hahahahaha - I'm just being transparent so you don't think everything always works for me LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment