Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday: slicing prosciutto

I shared how I slice prosciutto into strips in another post from 12/18, but it's buried and you might not know where to look for this handy little tip. If you buy prosciutto pre-sliced in a package at the store it's cut so thinly and tears really easily - it's usually packaged with plastic sheets in between the slices which helps, but it's still not easy to work with. I've found that if I leave the prosciutto slices on the plastic sheet and cut it into strips and then peel it off the sheet, it makes it much easier to handle. 

In this picture you can faintly see the sheet behind a slice of prosciutto:

You might want to have this tip for a recipe I'm sharing later this week for blue cheese stuffed, prosciutto wrapped dates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment