Thursday, April 6, 2023

Bunny Coaster

Another dollar store craft just in time for Easter - coasters made from rope and hot glue in the shape of a bunny. At heart this is a very simple project - coil rope using hot glue to keep it in place and add some ears of rope and fabric. Sounds easy, right?


It was 'easy' - but I also burned the shizzle out of my fingers multiple times! It isn't actually easy to coil the rope and hot glue at the same time, if you make this I'm warning you to use a skewer or something to keep the rope in place after adding the glue! Let's just say I intended to make a few of these for our Easter dinner table and now there is only going to be this one LOL. 

I added a circle of cardstock paper to the bottom because I didn't like seeing all the hardened glue. Plus it helped give the coaster more stability - even tho I used what seemed like a lot of glue, it wanted to come apart 🙄

For the ears: cut (2) 6" lengths of rope. Glue each rope to a piece of material in an ear shape, once cool trim away the excess material. Hot glue in place. Add a decoration like a fake flower if you want. 











No comments:

Post a Comment