Thursday, April 27, 2023

Chicken Parmesan by Macey

CHICKEN PARMESAN: 

Chicken breasts

Almond Flour (GF Friendly) salt, and pepper. Eggs, for the egg wash and panko crumbs (GF Friendly) and parmesan for the crust

Marinara Sauce (Raos is my favorite if I’m shopping at a traditional grocery store, but there’s an awesome Italian store nearby called Gulliano’s that offers homemade marina sauce; I highly suggest branching out to an authentic italian store if you have one nearby!) 

Shredded Mozzarella

Parsley or basil to garnish! I normally use fresh Basil which is what I had on hand for today’s meal… but if for some reason I’ve killed the basil plant (which does happen lol) then I’ll do parsley. (Idk why but parsley seems to have a stronger taste than dried basil). 


So begin by mixing egg in a bowl. Put panko crumbs with seasonings (salt pepper etc) into a second bowl. 

Wash chicken breasts and then lather with egg mixture then coat the entire breast with panko crumbs. 

I cook the panko crusted chicken in the same dish that I will later on add the sauce to. 

350 degrees, roughly 10 mins on both sides (but watch it as every oven seems way diff!!) 

Then add the sauce directly in the pan and continue baking for 2 mins on broil. 


The sauce contains the following: 

Begin by carmelizing onions (chopped small) and near the end of the onion being carmelized, I add in minced garlic and some red wine. Once the wine burns itself off, I’ll then add a little chicken stock, cayenne pepper, more salt and pallet and oregano. 

Lastly, dump your jar of marinara sauce (preferred Raos or the authentic kind which is called “Italian gravy” :)). 

Once it’s all stirred together, I then scrape the sauce into the pan with the chicken and cover the top with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 2 minutes before removing the cast iron pan from oven. 

You can serve this chicken by itself with a veggie/carb on the side, or over top of a bed of pasta, etc. For this meal, I made up gluten free pasta (spaghetti) and served on top. 

For some reason, I always find that waiting to add the cheese until the very end is best, but If you’d like a hardier cheese topping then sprinkle right before you broil for 2 mins. (The outside edges will get crispy). 

I am trying to incorporate more greens into my diet, so for this meal I also made a small side salad that I ate while cooking 🧑‍🍳 😉 the salad was delicious (even without cheese!) I decided not to cheese, since there’s so much mozzarella cheese in the main dish. 

Ingredients in the side salad: 

Romaine Lettuce

Diced Roma Tomatoes

Artichokes (2) 

Black olive 

Italian Dressing 

Salt and Pepper as desired.


4.27.21: TT stovetop splatter tip

4.27.20: t-shirt face mask

4.27.19: Brooke made a bubble maker 

4.27.18: Mickey's beersbee 

4.27.17: accessories closet 

4.27.16: decadent chocolate cake 


No comments:

Post a Comment