Friday, April 14, 2023

My Sister Tried It ~ Pickle in a Blanket

"My Sister Tried It" is a new category of recipes, products, ideas, hacks, etc. that Jen attempts to make or try. Could be fun, could be dumb, could be informative and/or helpful - could be one less post a week for me to think of LOL ;) Either way I'm game to give it a go - and she's starting with an odd one:

This is a follow up to the oatmeal bread. Here is another internet thing the cool kids are doing so I thought I’d give it a try. I saw they are frying cheese in a non stick pan and wrapping around a pickle. Ummm gross? But I do like cheese. And pickles. And hmmm. The cheese was brown and kinda crunchy- which I would also like. I had so many questions tho. How is this not a gooey mess in the pan? The cheese holds its shape? Huh? I’m disbelieving but I decided to give it a go. 

I bought sliced mozzarella (the internet kid said can use Muenster also- which reminds me of my grandpa so maybe next time just for nostalgia). Anyway. I grab the mozzarella and anticipating a mess toss it into the pan on medium high heat. Sure enough- less than 5 minutes it’s crunchy. Crunchy enough I could flip it around the pickle like the recipe said. Huh. What do ya know? The outcome? This was shockingly delicious. No mess in the pan at all. The entire thing gently flipped over the pickle just like the internet said it would. And honestly I LOVED it. Don’t get me wrong I won’t be going to Tik Tok to find my next recipe but this time it was a win! 





Jill here - I asked a couple questions (yes the first one was 'didn't this make a melty mess?); she didn't spray the pan (source found here says she sprays and uses oil), and used a dill pickle spear. It's also called a 'chickle' or 'pickle cannoli' but I like pickle in a blanket!

4.14.22: MSIH taco-tot casserole 

4.14.21: french breakfast puffs 

4.14.20: fabric masks 

4.14.19: ðŸ”¥ recap (with a beautiful bunny cake!)

4.14.18: strawberry cream cheese frosting

4.14.17: Brooke's DIY speaker

4.14.16: how to repair an ironing board


No comments:

Post a Comment